Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Others Portraiture :

These are some portraits I like :


I love Eggleston's work. I love the spontaneousness and random feel it gives - little moments that people otherwise ignore. Much of his work involves objects rather then people, but the photos of his with people are not posed. I do not like posted portraits, I feel they are too stiff and am much more a fan of spontaneous portraits, somebody in the middle of doing something, or talking/laughing - an action. 

by Robert Frank

Similar to Eggleston, I like Frank's take on a subject matter, in his case, America. He saw America from a different perspective - from the perspective of a regular person. He didn't show high class living, he showed how most of the population lived - and I like that. I enjoy the rawness of his photography. 

Now, I know other classic photographers such as Julia Margret Cameron and Nadar, who I studied in a previous black & white photography class and I also enjoy their work. However, I am not that familiar with many "famous" portrait photographers.

I am, however, familiar with photographers located in and around New York City who are active in the Japanese Rock (Jrock), anime/cosplay, etc. scene. The following is one such photographer:



I like theatrics. I like the cyber aspect of this photo, of the outfit the model is wearing, and I love the location. I prefer photographs in natural settings, depending on the situation. Sometimes a model is well suited for a studio shoot, but sometimes, they are not, and I like the flexibility to be able to shoot outside a studio. I don't believe all work has to be done in a studio to be good - it can be done on location, or outside using sunlight.

That is the style I am fond of - spontaneous, natural poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment